For Immediate Release
- Elizabeth Cornelius
- Chief Marketing Officer
Two Golds for Belfour in the 2020 Fifty Best Awards for Rye Whiskey
DALLAS – Belfour Spirits is pleased to announce it has earned two gold medals in the 2020 Fifty Best Awards for its Belfour Rye Whiskey and Belfour Limited Edition Straight Rye Whiskey in the American Rye Category. TheFiftyBest.com is a digital guide to wines and spirits, featuring rated listings from proprietary blind tastings as judged by journalists, spirits professionals, wine/spirit retailers, mixologists, spirits consultants and connoisseurs.
"Growing up in Canada, rye whiskey is what was popular,” said Ed Belfour, Founder and CEO of Belfour Spirits. “There's something about what you first remember, so it has always been important to me to hand craft exceptionally smooth and well-balanced spirits, especially when it comes to rye. And both of these gold winners are favorites of our team.”
Judges shared the following tasting note opinions on the 94-proof Belfour Rye Whiskey:
- Nose: Caramel, toffee, chocolate, cocoa, brown sugar, vanilla, honey, raisins, plums, clementine, light citrus, grain, toast, rye flour, rye, black tea, coffee, hazelnuts, roasted nuts, salted popcorn, clove, baking spices, jalapeño pepper, spicy, smoke, oak, cedar, sherry.
- Palate: Caramel, butterscotch, cocoa, buttery, cream, vanilla, honey, rum raisin, plum, Asian plum, stewed cherry, overripe banana, green apple, ginger, rose, potpourri, black tea, peppermint tea sweet grains, rye flour, cinnamon baked goods, nutty, clove, nutmeg, oregano, tobacco, soy sauce, hint of smoke, sherry casks, woody, oak, smooth.
- Finish: Cocoa, raisins, dried fruit, marmalade, brown sugar, butter, lingering coffee, nutmeg, eucalyptus, soft earthy tones, delicate, smooth, zesty, approachable, yummy, perfect.
Judges shared the following tasting note opinions on the 100-proof Belfour Limited Edition Straight Rye Whiskey:
- Nose: Butterscotch, toffee, dark chocolate, mocha, brown butter, brown sugar, vanilla, honey, apple pie, orange blossom, orange zest, lemony, rye flour, grain, popcorn, roasted nuts, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, spice, pepper, briny, earth, wood, oak.
- Palate: Caramel, toffee, dark chocolate, creamy, crème brûlée, mocha, cola nut, honey, buttery, warm butter, pancakes with butter, dried fruit, apricot, blueberry, coconut, peanut brittle, sweet spicy nuts, rye, grain, ginger, celery, vegetal, cinnamon, clove, spice, black pepper, straw, oak, smooth, crisp.
- Finish: Sweet popcorn, honey, orange peel, fresh zest, vegetal, grain, almond, mint, sweet cinnamon, spice, camp fire, peaty, scotch-like, nice heat, smooth, complex, flavorful.
About Belfour Spirits Led by Hockey Hall of Famer Ed Belfour, Belfour Spirits is an ultra-premium whiskey producer known for its spirits’ unique character and stunning packaging. In 2014, the Belfour family began their journey to hand craft exceptionally smooth and well-balanced whiskey made from the finest ingredients. Today, the company has distilled more than 2,700 barrels of whiskey. Belfour Spirits distributes in Illinois, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Tennessee, with additional markets expected in 2021 and beyond. To learn more, visit BelfourSpirits.com, Facebook and Instagram @belfourspirits, and on Twitter @belfour_spirits.
# # #