For Immediate Release
- Elizabeth Cornelius
- Chief Marketing Officer
Belfour Spirits Makes 10Best List of Craft Whiskey Distilleries in USA Today's 2020 Readers' Choice Awards
Represents Youngest Brand on 10Best List
DALLAS – Belfour Spirits is thrilled to announce that it has been named to the the 10Best Craft Whiskey Distillery list in USA Today’s 2020 Readers’ Choice Awards. The company, which launched to consumers in October 2019, is the newest brand among its peers on the 10Best to be honored with this recognition.
“To be a new brand and to have national recognition like this already, feels incredible,” said Ed Belfour, President and Chief Executive Officer of Belfour Spirits. “Many thanks to the panelists who nominated us and to the fans who voted for Belfour whiskey; your support inspires us. We promise to continue to work hard every day to hand craft ‘the Spirit of Champions’ for you.”
Belfour Spirits was nominated for this consumer contest by a panel of relevant industry experts, including:
- Brian Christensen, co-founder of Artisan Spirit Magazine and the Still Talking Podcast
- Wayne Curtis, author of And a Bottle of Rum: A History of the New World in Ten Cocktails, and contributing writer on spirits and cocktails for national publications
- Ziggy Eschliman, libation expert and host of the as Ziggy the Wine Gal radio show
- Eric Grossman, travel and food writer for USA Today and many others
- Samara Rivers, Chief Bourbon Enthusiast and Founder of Black Bourbon Society
- Jack Robertiello – writer, judge and presenter for all things spirits, wine, food and restaurants
According to USA Today, “We asked a panel of American spirits experts to nominate 20 of the best craft whiskey distilleries in the USA. Many of these distilleries work in small batches using locally-sourced ingredients. Many are family-owned. All take pride in crafting creative, great tasting whiskeys worthy of sipping.”
Per the contest rules, fans had four weeks to cast votes from the nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote.
About Belfour Spirits
Led by Hockey Hall of Famer Ed Belfour, Belfour Spirits is an ultra-premium whiskey producer known for its spirits’ unique character and stunning packaging. In 2014, the Belfour family began their journey to hand craft exceptionally smooth and well-balanced whiskey made from the finest ingredients. Today, the company has distilled more than 2,200 barrels of whiskey. Belfour Spirits distributes in Illinois, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Tennessee, with additional markets expected in 2020 and beyond. To learn more, visit BelfourSpirits.com, Facebook and Instagram @belfourspirits, and on Twitter @belfour_spirits.
# # #